Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• 3 medium sized tomatoes, peeled and sliced
• 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
• 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or half mayo, half
• 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in a single layer.
Sprinkle with salt and allow them to rest for 10 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel (so they don't make pie crust soggy).
Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pre-baked pie shell. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise or Greek yogurt together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
How to Peel Tomatoes
Make an X on the skin at the end of tomato, put into boiling water for one minute maximum, remove and plunge into bowl of ice cold water, remove immediately and let skin peel off.